Ezy-Return™ Clean Up Kit
Safely Clean Up a broken Tube or Globe
or 4 payments of $7.77 with InfoSold Out
Health & Safety
Due to Occupational Health & Safety requirements, Lamp Recyclers is unable to collect broken lamps. If these occur, caution must be used in the safe cleanup and disposal of this hazardous waste.
The US EPA Clean-up and Disposal Recommendations include:
Before Clean-up: Air Out the Room
- Have people and pets leave the room, and don't let anyone walk through the breakage area on their way out
- Open a window and leave the room for 15 minutes or more
- Shut off the central forced-air heating/air-conditioning system, if you have one.
Clean-Up Steps for Hard Surfaces
- Carefully scoop up glass pieces and powder using stiff paper or cardboard and place them in a glass jar with metal lid or in a sealed plastic bag
- Use sticky tape, such as duct tape, to pick up any remaining small glass fragments and powder
- Wipe the area clean with a damp paper towel or disposable wet wipe. Place towel/wipe in the glass jar or plastic bag
- Do not use a vacuum or broom to clean up the broken bulb on hard surfaces.
Disposal of Clean-Up Materials
- Immediately place all clean-up materials outdoors in a trash container or protected area for the next normal trash pickup
- Wash your hands after disposing of the jars or plastic bags containing clean-up materials
- Check with your local or state government (EPA) about disposal requirements in your specific area. Some states do not allow such trash disposal. Instead, they require that broken mercury-containing bulbs be taken to a local recycling centre.
For more information visit: http://www.epa.gov/hg/spills/index.htm#fluorescent
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Lamp Recyclers Pty Ltd users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.